- To perpetuate enjoyable common sense use of horses in the backcountry and wilderness
- To work to ensure that public land remains open to recreational stock use
- To assist government agencies in their maintenance and management of said resource
To educate, encourage and solicit active participation in the wise use of the back country resource by horsemen and the general public commensurate with our heritage.
Monthly Board Meeting: Board meetings are the first Wednesday of each month starting at 6:30pm. Anyone is welcome to attend. Please contact a board member for location information.
Monthly General Meeting: General membership meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 7pm. Location alternates between the La Plata County Fairgrounds and Bayfield. We have wonderful speakers for each meeting.
- To view our special projects click here.
Public Affairs Committee (PAC)
The Public Affairs Committee (PAC) promotes 4CBCH mission-driven issues as they relate to federal, state, and local governments, other interest groups and the public. Their strategy is to:
- Influence public policy
- Build a positive reputation with all entities
- Find common ground with stakeholders
If you discover an area that you feel threatens historic equestrian access, a redesigned trailhead, signage designating limited horse access, or if your favorite trail seems to be less equestrian-friendly than it once was, contact a board member.